FOR YOUR SAFETY
RULES AND REGULATIONS
All visitors to the Town of Clayton Cerow Recreation Park Pool are required to abide by the following rules for the safety and enjoyment of all patrons.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- If it is raining and/or if thunder and lightning occurs one hour before the pool is scheduled to open and does not end by 1:30 p.m., then the pool will be closed for the day.
- If it is raining and/or if thunder and lightning occurs one hour before the pool is scheduled to open but ends by 1:30 p.m., then opening will be delayed until 3:00 p.m. to allow time for staff to arrive.
- If it is an overcast day with imminent bad weather forecasted, then the pool will open as scheduled and stay open until at least 2:00 p.m. The pool may close after this time due to lack of attendance, defined as 10 or less patrons on the grounds for more than one hour.
- If it starts raining and/or thunder and lightning occurs after the pool is open, patrons will be asked to exit the pool and will remain out until 30 minutes after the storm has ceased. If one hour has passed and the weather still prohibits patrons from entering the pool, then the pool will be closed for the day.
- Refunds for inclement weather will not be issued. In the event there is a private event scheduled before pool hours (8AM-12PM), the private event will be offered to move to the next date that is available. The date is selected based on availability of the pool and appropriate staffing.
- POOL ANNUAL PASS HOLDERS MUST SHOW THEIR POOL PASS EVERY TIME THEY VISIT! A pool pass will be issued to the individual purchasing the pass. Family passes will list all family members who may use the pass.
- All persons entering the pool facility must sign in and pay daily admission, or present their pool pass, whether they intend to swim or not. Guests who do not present their season pass or pay the daily rate will be considered trespassers of Town property and the local authorities will be called.
GENERAL POOL RULES
- Children 10 years of age and under will only be admitted to the facility when accompanied by a parent/guardian or responsible adult age 18 or older.
- Children 5 years and under must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
- Only SWIM diapers with a bathing suit over top are permitted for children.
- Proper swimsuits are required! Cutoffs, jeans, etc., are prohibited swim wear.
- Persons with stomach infections or open wounds are not permitted in pool to avoid contamination.
- Please enjoy food and drinks only in plastic containers.
- Deposit all trash and recycling in proper receptacles.
- Respect our family environment! Foul language, running, and rough play prohibited. Conduct that interferes with the enjoyment of others is prohibited.
- Smoking is NOT permitted on the pool premises or in public park areas.
- Secure your personal belongings. Lost or stolen items are not the responsibility of the Town or Pool Staff.
- Goggles that cover the nose are not permitted.
- Only Coast Guard approved Personal Floatation Devices (Type II and Type III PFDs) are allowed in the water. All devices must be checked by management upon entrance. Unapproved items will be stored at the front gate and can be picked up upon exiting for the day.
- Diving only permitted in designated areas.
- Strong swimming ability required for diving board use. Swimmers may be asked to demonstrate swimming ability in the deep end to be permitted on the diving board. The lifeguard on duty has the authority to restrict any person from the diving board.
- Free swimming prohibited in the diving well.
- Patrons must report any injuries to the pool manager on duty. Patrons must complete incident reports.
- Rough-housing and violent behavior is unacceptable.
- Alcohol use is prohibited on pool property. Patrons suspected of intoxication will be asked to leave the premises, at the discretion of a pool manager on duty.
- Management has the right to refuse entry to anyone who is perceived to present a safety or security risk.
- Management has the right to relinquish season pool passes and/or daily passes if Pool Rules are violated or Management deems appropriate punishment.