Recreation Park includes an Olympic-sized Pool which is open to the public during the summer season.
THE CEROW RECREATION PARK POOL IS CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
2023 HOURS OF OPERATION
Daily Hours: June 25th through August 31st
Monday – Sunday
Open Swim: 12:30pm – 5pm *You must be at least 10 years old or accompanied by someone 16 or older to participate in open swim*
Lap Swim: 5pm – 6pm
Family Swim: 6pm – 8pm
**IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE, CHILDREN UNDER 10 YEARS OF AGE MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT FROM OPENING UNTIL 5PM. FROM 5PM UNTIL POOL CLOSING, CHILDREN UNDER 18 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT.**
2023 POOL FEES
Day Pass (Per Person) – $3
Season Pass (Student) – $40
Season Pass (Adult) – $50
Season Pass (Family) – $75
POOL INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- If it is raining and/or if thunder and lightning occurs one hour before the pool is scheduled to open and does not end by 1:30 p.m., then the pool will be closed for the day.
- If it is raining and/or if thunder and lightning occurs one hour before the pool is scheduled to open but ends by 1:30 p.m., then opening will be delayed until 3:00 p.m. to allow time for staff to arrive.
- If it is an overcast day with imminent bad weather forecasted, then the pool will open as scheduled and stay open until at least 2:00 p.m. The pool may close after this time due to lack of attendance, defined as 10 or less patrons on the grounds for more than one hour.
- If it starts raining and/or thunder and lightning occurs after the pool is open, patrons will be asked to exit the pool and will remain out until 30 minutes after the storm has ceased. If one hour has passed and the weather still prohibits patrons from entering the pool, then the pool will be closed for the day.
- Refunds for inclement weather will not be issued. In the event there is a private event scheduled before pool hours (8AM-12PM), the private event will be offered to move to the next date that is available. The date is selected based on availability of the pool and appropriate staffing.
GENERAL POOL RULES
- Children 10 years of age and under will only be admitted to the facility when accompanied by a parent/guardian or responsible adult age 18 or older.
- Children 5 years and under must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
- Only SWIM diapers with a bathing suit over top are permitted for children.
- Proper swimsuits are required! Cutoffs, jeans, etc., are prohibited swim wear.
- Persons with stomach infections or open wounds are not permitted in pool to avoid contamination.
- Please enjoy food and drinks only in plastic containers.
- Deposit all trash and recycling in proper receptacles.
- Respect our family environment! Foul language, running, and rough play prohibited. Conduct that interferes with the enjoyment of others is prohibited.
- Smoking is NOT permitted on the pool premises or in public park areas.
- Secure your personal belongings. Lost or stolen items are not the responsibility of the Town or Pool Staff.
- Goggles that cover the nose are not permitted.
- Only Coast Guard approved Personal Floatation Devices (Type II and Type III PFDs) are allowed in the water. All devices must be checked by management upon entrance. Unapproved items will be stored at the front gate and can be picked up upon exiting for the day.
- Diving only permitted in designated areas.
- Strong swimming ability required for diving board use. Swimmers may be asked to demonstrate swimming ability in the deep end to be permitted on the diving board. The lifeguard on duty has the authority to restrict any person from the diving board.
- Free swimming prohibited in the diving well.
- Patrons must report any injuries to the pool manager on duty. Patrons must complete incident reports.
- Rough-housing and violent behavior is unacceptable.
- Alcohol use is prohibited on pool property. Patrons suspected of intoxication will be asked to leave the premises, at the discretion of a pool manager on duty.
- Management has the right to refuse entry to anyone who is perceived to present a safety or security risk.
- Management has the right to relinquish season pool passes and/or daily passes if Pool Rules are violated or Management deems appropriate punishment.
PRIVATE POOL RENTAL
The Town of Clayton Pool is now available to groups for Private Rentals
8am-12pm – 7 Days Per Week
Under 30 people is $100 per hour
30-60 people is $150 per hour
Inquire with the Recreation Supervisor James Jones at 315-399-7729 for additional information and reservations.
Please note, Pavilion rentals are also available. For more details, click HERE.
2023 SWIM SCHOOL REGISTRATION
*NOTE: Levels must be taken in order starting with 1 and children must be at least 3 years of age or older. Lessons are offered in the mornings during the dates specified below. All sessions will run Monday through Friday.
Deadline for Registration: June 28th
Posting of Swimming Lessons: June 30th
Session 1 Lessons: July 3 – July 7 and July 10 – July 14 [Level 1, 2a, 3 and 5] **Session 1 Registration is Now Closed**
Session 2 Lessons: July 17 – July 21 and July 24 – July 28 [Level 1, 2b, 4 and 6]
Swim School Fees:
Resident/Taxpayer? There is NO fee for swim lessons if you are a resident and taxpayer of the Town of Clayton. You just have to provide your local address.
Non-Resident/Non-Taxpayer? There is a $25 fee per student, per session, for all non-resident/non-taxpayers. Fees must be paid by June 28, 2023. Payments for swim lessons will not be accepted at the pool after June 28th.
Please make checks payable to: TOWN OF CLAYTON, 405 Riverside Drive, Clayton, NY 13624 and drop off or mail in the payment with your application. Please include child(ren)’s name(s) with payment.
You may complete your Registration Form online at the link below, or download the PDF Registration Form and return it to Recreation Park Pool, 600 East Line Road, Clayton, New York 13624.
- Online 2023 Swim School Registration **click this link to register online**
- Downloadable PDF Application **click this link to download form**
*If you are returning your application electronically, please be sure to submit payment prior to the first day of lessons in order to secure your spot.
NEED HELP DETERMINING YOUR CHILD’S LEVEL?
Click HERE for a detailed explanation of the skills necessary to participate in each level of swim school.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT:
CLAYTON POOL: 315-686-2124 or
CLAYTON RECREATION PARK ARENA: 315-686-4310